ABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOSPONSOR

Sunday, October 16, 2011

bookworm

Being that I have my bachelor's in English, I love to read. For me reading is an escape and language, speaking and words are just a passion for me in general. So I thought I'd share with y'all some of my favorite books. Sure, I love the classics and I love fiction every now and again but more than that I truly love autobiographies and confessional styled books and poetry. I love to hear about what a real person goes through, their journey and how to find inspiration to apply to my own life. I have certain celebrities that I just adore and relate to so reading their books is especially exciting for me. And no, I don't use tablets or e-readers. And even though I know I'll have heavy boxes when I move, I still like to have the real physical book in my hands, there's nothing better :)

books I love...

-"Gunn's Golden Rules" by Tim Gunn. this book was so inspiring to me, I can relate a whole lot to Tim Gunn and I learned a lot from him in reading this book. I even teared up a few times.

-"Hollywood Babylon" by Kenneth Anger. Since I'm so obsessed with old hollywood, this book is an essential for me. so interesting, scandalous, tragic and fun at the same time. loveeee it!

- "High noon and the body" by Kyla Pasha. This Indian book of poetry is beautifully feminist, real, confessional and deep. the self opens to the world, and the world to the self in Pasha's poems. I could read it over for days.

-"Being Kendra" by Kendra Wilkinson. I just read this book and I thought it was great. Kendra has a lot to say about herself, love, life and pain in the pages of this book. she gives me hope and teaches me about today's hollywood and maintaining who you are.

of course I have many more favorite books but these mean the most to me at this point in my life. If books interest you, let me know and I can post more book reviews and suggestions :)






happy reading dolls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment